If your store uses the Minimal theme, we recommend uploading square images, around 800px square, as the minimal theme supports only square images.
You can make this a lot easier for yourself if you change your store's built-in product image sizes. To do this, follow the instructions below;
To change the default image sizes that your Spiffy Store uses, you will need to do a couple of things… turn on advanced configuration options in your preferences, and then edit the product image sizes in your theme editor. Instructions on each step are below.
Resizing your images before you upload them gives you far greater control. Not everyone knows how to use image editing programs, which is why we have recommended the “Custom image sizes” option for most people.
Most people have some sort of image editing program that allows them to re-size or crop an image. There are plenty of free ones out there as well. There's a great one online at http://pixlr.com/ (Advanced Pixlr editor)
If you’ve got a handle on editing your own images… give it a go!
If you upload product images that are 800px wide x 800px high, then your photos should come out gorgeous.
- The Minimal theme guide
- Enabling links to your Twitter and Facebook pages
- Enabling Facebook "Like" buttons and Twitter "Tweet" buttons
- Displaying your address and the payment methods that you accept in your footer
- Editing your slide show
- Editing your colour scheme
- Uploading your logo
- Editing your menus/navigation
- Inserting photos into pages and blog articles
- Adding the "Collections" page to your store
- Enabling comments on blog articles
- Home page SEO (Search engine optimisation)